Friday, September 09, 2005

Welcome To BS Friday

It's that time again. I'll BS you, or not, and you tell me which it is, truth or BS. This week’s installment is called:

So this past couple of weeks has been busy. It’s been a constant home improvement show at the new house. Not that it really needs work. It just needs updating. I've already let everyone know that the neighborhood is like something right out of a 50's or 60's TV show, maybe even like Stepford (too good to be true), so what happened recently was a bit of a surprise.

Anyway, one of my friends was over helping with something and he casually asks me how I feel about my ex living so close to me. I didn't get it at first so I asked what he was talking about. He told me that my ex-wife lives on the same street that I live on. He also mentioned that on moving day he and another of my best friends were joking about it. It was obvious to them I didn't know. She knew before I moved in that I would be soon arriving.

Needless to say, I was surprised. Here's a little background for those who don't know the scoop: my ex and I hooked up back in the crazy party-Bob days. It was a hot affair when it started, then we got married and it sucked so we got divorced after about 8 months. Then it got hot again. We had some of the best times together after we were divorced.

Now she is my neighbor. I did some checking and she lives 4 doors down on the opposite side. Neat, eh?

I'm not sure I'll mention it to Nicci. I don't know what her reaction would be and she loves the neighborhood so much. Plus, D won't be stopping by. There isn't anything to worry about there. It's just one of those weird coincidences that make you wonder sometimes.

No comments: