Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hodgepodge Brain

This morning I’m driving down the highway and the song “Leaving on a Jet Plane” was running through my brain. I guess it came from wondering how Yoj was feeling today. I know she’s been feeling bad and I remembered a post she did sometime ago with that title.

Then the next thing I know I had Judas Priest’s Hell Bent For Leather in my head. I have no idea why, but I did. I haven’t heard a Priest song for a while. I started laughing about it and thought “My brain must be toasted today.” Of course that thought made me think of Quyen’s kitty she called Toasty. I had to smile about that. I think Toasty is a cute name. Then I started wondering how Toasty was doing and how Quyen’s Quartet was doing.

My brain then suddenly went from that to the way the Yankees have come back again this year. First place as of this moment. A moment to savor, to be sure. I knew that Karen would be posting something good about the subject, since it seems the whole Yankee world has been down on this year’s team. Oh ye of little faith. Can’t wait to see how our Captain is enjoying the moment.

Next thing I know, I’m singing “Diamond’s Are A Girls Best Friend” from the movie Gentleman Prefer Blonds. (I’m a Marilyn Monroe freak, btw.) Of course this made me thing of Meritt and what kind of coffee was brewing this fine morning. Somehow that led me to wondering how it is that we get into ‘blogger blocks’ (Meritt had one recently) and I wondered if Grace had gotten over her mini block ok. This led me to wonder where Nina and Mike have been. They haven’t been posting much lately. (I hope all is well out there in AZ). Then that naturally led to wondering how Veronica is doing. She didn’t post for a while and when she did it wasn’t great news. I knew I’d be checking in on her first thing this morning.

That thought led me to the realization the this was HNT. That sure has become a huge blogger thing since Osbasso started it. I admit to it being one of the highlights of the week for me. Bloggers sure can be creative (and sexy).

All this went through my brain during the first part of the commute. I haven’t written all the stuff that came in between. Mostly because my mind was just wandering and I don’t really remember it all. I drove Nicci’s car this morning and I couldn’t find the radio, so I guess my brain was trying to substitute for radio chatter. Before you start snickering too much, it’s a new car and it was dark. The radio has this cover that pulls down to cover it up (I found out once I got to work) and finding it while driving in the dark wasn’t happening today.

Anyway, bloggers are always a part of my consciousness these days it seems. I don’t know if you should be afraid about that or not. Don’t worry, I’m not a stalker (except when it comes to Cindy-Lou, I can’t help myself), so there isn’t anything to be afraid about.

Trust me. ;)

No comments: