Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Could Be Fun... Maybe?

Today is the day. Today I get to go to the Dentist and get my tooth fixed. It's only been 3 years.

Here's the story. 3 years ago I had to have my first root canal done. I had heard from lots of people that this was a sucky thing to have done but the truth is, I was looking forward to it. I had never seen one done. So I went and had it done. It was no big deal at all. Then I was supposed to go back and have the cap (is that right?) put on said tooth, but I never did. 3 years ago in January.

Here is my history with Dentists; I hardly ever go. I'm not afraid or anything. I just don't bother. The visit before the root canal was the first time I had been to the Dentist in maybe 5-6 years. When I did go he said he was worried to see me. He thought I would have to be in his place all day since I don't visit regularly. He expected me to have some unhealthy teeth. Then he was surprised. No cavaties. No unhealthy anything. He didn't even have to do much cleaning. I was in and out in 30 minutes. It was fun to hear him babbling on and on about how he was so amazed that I had no problems.

Naturally after the cleaning I had trouble. Naturally. Then came the root canal. So I don't see why I should go regularly since I only have problems after I visit.

What has prompted this visit is that a tooth on the opposite side has broken. I was sad when it happened too. It was the tooth I had grooved by opening beer bottles with my teeth. Yep, I did say that. Way back when in my other life I perfected the art of biting open beer bottles. Everyone would bring me their bottles just to see how I did it. The only real hard to open bottles were the Molson Golden ones. My personal fave, btw. But I did develop a groove on the tooth in question. After all these years of not doing that any more, the thing has broken off. Bummer.

So today I go in and kill 2 birds with one stone. I will get the new and old problems taken care of. Yay for me.

Have a great day everyone. I'll be back later with all the gory details. I will try not to drool all over the screen when I get back. ;)

No comments: