Sunday, January 01, 2006

Interview With A Vampire... or a Meritt. (Or a YB?) Same Difference.

I bummed this from Meritt. It looked like fun to do. I was right.
(Meritt’s title cracked me up so I left it.)

1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
I quit a new job after just 2 weeks.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I do not make NY resolutions. (Me neither Meritt. I'd never keep them anyway.)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I gave birth… to a conniption fit or two... or three...

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sort of. Two of my childhood heroes died; Don Adams (Maxwell Smart) & Bob Denver (Gilligan) That may explain a few things about me, eh?

5. What countries did you visit?
Physically, I stayed in the USA. But in my mind, the list is endless.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Peace of mind.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 10th, 2005 That’s the day the Baseball season ended.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying a new home in my hometown.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Buying my Jeep.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only in my heart.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new computer!!!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Hmmm. None that I can think of. Maybe Nicci for still wanting to put up with me.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Tom Cruise, Michael Jackson, Sandra Bullock.

14. Where did most of your money go?
The new house.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Opening day of the Baseball season. Same thing every year. ;)

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Time Of Your Life by Green Day. Every year should be the time of your life.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Happier. Much happier. I’m starting to understand life and how it basically sucks always. That’s a hard thing but it helps to stop fighting it.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Easy one. Artwork.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Bitching and complaining. I’m good at those things.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family at my Aunt & Uncle's. Then home with just Nicci, a warm fire and some nice wine.

21. How will you spend New Year’s?
I spent it with Nicci, again in front of the fire with some good wine. (Hmm... I believe there is a pattern here.)

22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Many times. Uncountable.

23. How many one-night stands?
In my mind, I had one every other day/night. *sigh*

24. What was your favorite TV program?
The Ghost Whisperer. Battlestar Galactica. Baseball Tonight.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Tom Cruise. Well, maybe hate is too strong a word. Despise and pity is probably more like it.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Xavier Rudd, many thanks to Cindy Lou.

28. What did you want and get?
A new computer, a new Jeep, a new house. (Geez, it’s been an expensive year!)

29. What was your favorite CD of this year?
The Blogger CD. (Again, a Cindy Lou idea.)

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I liked Hitch and Elektra. (Yes, I liked Elektra. So what?)

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Skipped work, as usual and played the lazy guy. I turned 42.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery and/or making that trip to Tennessee as planned.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
"Same Old Same Old"

34. What kept you sane?
Peachy being my friend.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jennifer Love Hewitt

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The idiots that won’t close our borders to all the illegal immigration.

37. Whom do you miss?
No one. I usually don’t miss anyone. Outta sight, outta mind.

38. Who was the best new person that you met?
Ms. N

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
That real, true friends are rare. More rare than even I thought they were.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

Tears on the sleeve of a man
Don't wanna be a boy today
Heard the eternal footman
Bought himself a bike to race
And Greg he writes letters
And burns his CDs
They say you were something in those formative years
Hold onto nothing
As fast as you can
Well still pretty good year... pretty good year...

Tori Amos

No comments: