Monday, January 09, 2006

Krull

Last night I got a little bored after Football was over so I checked out the free movies on Pay Per View. Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either. Free on Pay Per View. Anyway, I noticed that the movie Krull was a new edition. I was psyched about it and decided to watch it. I remember seeing Krull when it was brand new in the theatre. It was 1983, a long time ago and I was so into that movie coming out. Back then it was cool.

Last night it was hilarious! I couldn't believe that I was so impressed with the movie way back when. Now it is so lame that I had non-stop laugh attacks all the way through. The acting was over done. The effects were under done. The story had potential but it never lived up to it. I loved it!

Of course I like 'choice cheese'. That's what G and I called all those lame, cheesy B-Movies. We would watch MST 3000 all the time and laugh like fools. The actors in those things are so serious! Krull has joined the ranks of 'choice cheese'.

When it was new, the advertising and the whole idea was huge. It was one of those movies that my friends and I couldn't wait to see. Then we saw it at least twice. It seemed like it was top of the line back then. What with Star Wars being big and all the Sci-Fi stuff going crazy, Krull just fit right in.

It's funny how things seem so cool at one point in time and become the opposite later. Lots of things happen that way. Look at fashion. It keeps coming back to haunt us. I still don't get the bell bottoms coming back though. The hip-huggers, those are sweet. On women, that is.

So I got another object lesson in the way time passes last night. It was fun. Enlightening. The movie sucked big time, but I loved it still. Just for different reasons. If it's free on your cable service, watch it. Just don't try to take it seriously. If it's not free, skip it. Unless you are a fan of Choice Cheese. Then you will be entertained.

No comments: