Monday, January 09, 2006

WTF Are You Talking About?

One of our co-workers just left my office after showing me her engagement ring. I had seen it before so it wasn't a big deal. The thing is, she is wearing it because Office Guy sort of shamed her into wearing it.

Apparently he told her that by not wearing her engagement ring and wearing her hair down, not tied up, that she was sending the wrong signals. That she was sending confusing signals, or something like that.

This type of thinking is weird to me. The person in question doesn't wear her ring to work for the simple reason that it could (and would) get damaged or lost here. The type of work she does isn't really safe for her to be carrying around that nice ring. Believe me, her guy did her good with the ring. It's nice.

I don't have any idea what he means by the 'wearing your hair down' part. Is that something I've missed somehow? Does wearing your hair down mean you are available? And why would he care since he is always telling us how happlily married he is?

Personally, I wouldn't wear that ring in to work. I told her she shouldn't take the chance on getting it damamged while working. She said she wears it everywhere else. So what's the big deal?

As for her hair being down, I don't know what to say to that one. I wonder where this guy is from?

No comments: