Saturday, January 21, 2006

A Fine Way To Start The Day

Believe it or not, I am just now getting this day started. I was awakened this morning by the sound of the shower running, the sump pump coming on and Nicci yelling that something was wrong. There is no way the shower should even make the sump pump run. Naturally, I decided to get up and see what was going on.

To make a very long story short (which is hard for me) our pipes were clogged. Not the bathroom pipes but the main drain piping. We had to have an emergency visit from a plumber and find the problem and get it fixed. Then when the pipes were cleared, the sump pump wouldn't work. The water had backed up into the pump piping and clogged it too. That had to be taken apart, cleaned and reassembled.

So now it is done. I've finally managed to shower. (Yeah, I felt gross all day.) And I am also a lot less well off. Emergency visits are expensive, especially on weekends.

Stupid ass pipes!

Now there is a helluva way to start the day, not to mention the weekend.

No comments: