Thursday, March 23, 2006

My Favorite American Idols

This is my first year of actually paying attention to American Idol past the funny audition stage. Here are some of my faves this year:

Kellie Pickler - she's almost pure country but I still like her. Her personality and cute naive ways are sweet. I don't think she can win it but I do really like her.


Taylor Hicks - the coolest and most unique guy this year (maybe of any year). I love his style and flair. He also really loves what he's doing and it shows. Blow that blues harp baby!


Lisa Tucker - still my favorite. She is really talented and the fact that she's only 16 just amazes me. I mentioned her as my favorite as soon as I saw her audition. I hope she wins but the past 2 weeks voting has been low for her.


Katherine McPhee - honorable mention for me. I like her and she can really sing. I could see her winning. She is good enough for sure. Better than most at least.

One reason I really like her is her answer to this question:

"Do you think the audition process was fair?"

"No, they let go of some really good people and kept people who were pretty."

A smart and honest answer. For example, I think that guy Ace is there because he's good looking. He can sing but not like a lot that were left go. Also, Kevin was included because of his 'cuteness'. He sucked as a singer. Paula is mostly responsible for this type of thing. Randy is too. Simon is the only judge with any sense. He tries to judge on singing ability first and stage presence second. He never goes for the 'hot' or 'cute' angles. Simon is cool!

My honest prediction for this year's winner is Chris Daughtry. He is great and I can see him winning easily. He's just not my personal favorite, which is odd because he is a rocker at heart. He doesn't compromise his style either. He is really good.


So there you have it. The view of American Idol a la YB.

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

I HATE Taylor Hicks and can only barely tolerate Lisa and Pickler. My favorites are Ace and Katharine, mostly because I would like that have a threesome with them.

Peeved Michelle said...

And I agree with you about Chris. I think Mandisa is the best singer, but Chris has the most potential to be a star.