Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Woman King

The college in the town I just moved away from has elected a woman as Homecoming King. Yep, I said King. It has caused a bit of an uproar around town. It's even made the national news.

The college had been exclusively for women until 2 years ago when they went co-ed so I wonder if this election was a statement by the students about that issue? I dunno. I do think it's funny in a way but I am conflicted about it. I also think it's disrespectful of the Homecoming idea as well as the men at the school. But mostly I am amused. It's a liberal arts school. Who could be surprised? Today in this country, anything goes. And that isn't a great idea.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I'm with Jody on this one. I just don't get it either.

It's cool to stand up for something that you believe in, but I don't really get the point of this stand.

SJ said...

Right. People like this just annoy me. I just want to tell them to get a life :)