Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Reminiscing

Last night I sepnt a good deal of the evening looking through old pictures. Someone at work showed me some old pics of herself at her prom. Then she asked to see mine. I thought about it and it made me laugh. So I started looking for those old pics.

If you've ever started looking for old pics through your albums or your stacks that you've saved, you know what a chore it is. Not because it's a pain but because it is so easy to get distracted. You see someone you hadn't thought about for a while and then you start remembering times you spent with them. Then you move on and find more memories. It's never ending the way your mind jumps from situation to situation, memory to memory.

I spent a lot of time looking at the years gone by. Old pictures are weird to look at. Looking back on life can be fun and it can be strange. I have pics of every life change I've had and when I look I remember most of them. The feelings and the people, the places and the events... it's cool but unnerving at the same time.

I really laughed when I found some pics from when I wanted to be a rock-n-roll god. I had a girlfriend who always took pics of everything in those days. I actually have on a real, original pair of parachute pants. (Anyone else remember those?) Also a red bandana is tied in proper style around my wrist a la Rick Springfield. It was the 80's and I was cool, at least I thought so. I still have those parachute pants somewhere. I kept them as a memento. Funny stuff.

I had a moment or two of sadness too. Pictures of friends who have passed away. Pics of people I'll probably never see again. Of course there are pics of people I am glad to never see again. Those are happy ones. :)

It was a strange evening to be sure. Not bad, just different. I had fun but it has left me in a bit of a melancholy mood this morning.

I sure am glad I saved all that stuff though. I would have forgotten most of those times if I hadn't.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

I had a parachute miniskirt. That thing ROCKED. And here's my prom pic. Hilarious.