Friday, December 23, 2005

BS Friday Answer

I just got back from a whole day of running around ‘out there’ with all the crazies. There seems to be a lot of last minute shoppers who are desperate. Enough so that they are very rude and rotten to everyone else. I’d like to extend to them that excuse for acting like asses anyway.

Ok, the BS Friday story was total truth. The whole scenario. I remember it vividly to this day. For a very long time no one could convince me that Santa didn’t exist after that Christmas morning. I preached his praises to everyone. I even had quite a few converts at school after I told them of our miracle. It was a great year.

The truth is I think we all really want to believe in Santa. I think we all wish that Christmas magic would stay with us all the time. We want it to keep showing up every year. There is some comfort in believing that Santa will stop by. There is some comfort in not allowing yourself to ‘grow out of believing’. That’s a sad thing, isn’t it? To 'grow out of believing’.

This Christmas morning I will think back to that Christmas morning and I will feel the wonder all over again. I am so looking forward to it. Santa will visit my house this year again. I hope he comes by your house too.

No comments: