Saturday, December 17, 2005

A Christmas Gathering

Tonight we are having our annual open-house Christmas gathering. We have the whole place decked out (even the halls) and the food is ready. There should be enough munchables for half the town. We are well stocked with wine and a friend is bringing his super-douper double sided blender drink machine. He can make copious amounts of frozen drinks with that thing. The Cappuccino machine will be heated up, the warm spiced wine will be ready. I have the whole house wired for Christmas music. The fireplace is well stocked with wood. The little gifts for anyone who shows up are wrapped and anxiously awaiting a new home. I think we are ready.

I look forward to this party every year. We invite almost everyone we know to it. I love a full house at Christmas. The time and expense are never a consideration. We just go for it and try to make sure everyone has a great time. Good friends, loved family members, good food, good drinks and warm hugs... that's a Christmas gathering. I may even break out the guitar and do some Christmas caroling myself. We'll see. The real challenge will be to get Nicci to play the piano for everyone. Sometimes we can get her to play for a while. She is awesome! She was a concert pianist for a while when she was younger. I'll bet we can at least talk her into doing Fur Elise for us.

So I'll be busy today with all the final touches. I won't be blogging much but I want everyone who isn't at our gathering tonight to know that I'll drink a toast to you. I wish all my blog friends could come by. But since most of you whom I consider friends live so far away, a toast and a Merry Christmas is the best I can do.

I will attempt to post pics tomorrow. Then you can feel like you've visited. Maybe just a little. Everyone have a great day.

No comments: