Friday, December 02, 2005

Morning Stuff

This morning at Starbuck's the woman behind me in line ordered a grande skim decaf 180 degree latte with 1 pack of splenda and no foam. Now, I know from personal experience that coffee is an acquired taste. Most people get hooked over time and don't just one day grab a cup o' java and decide that it is the best thing they ever tasted. What I'm wondering is how this woman decided all those little things about how she wanted her coffee to taste.

I think it has to take years to decided all those little nuances for a latte. How does the no foam effect the taste? How does the 180 degrees make a difference? You would have to work hard over time to get that brew just right. Personally, I believe someone ordering something like that really doesn't like coffee. It sounds like there is no coffee taste left anyway.

Last night I checked out Sin City again. (Remember how I wasn't sure what I thought about it?) I do know that I like it now. But I have come to one other conclusion. Did anyone notice how everyone in the movie is a heavy smoker? They have sex, they smoke. They kill someone, they smoke. They torture and maim, they smoke. The one main character that you don't see smoke is Jessica Alba's character Nancy, who happens to be the only one that seems like a good person. Everyone else is a killer or hooker or bad cop... whatever. So here's the lesson I've learned from the movie; Bad people smoke. Nice/good people don't smoke. There really isn't much else of significance to glean from the movie so I'll take that.

I finally got the floor in my basement done yesterday. Instead of replacing the ruined carpet, we decided to put down hardwood on the bad side. It turned out great. Now I have this really cool room in the basement that is half carpet and half hardwood. It sounds funny but it looks great. It's like there are 2 rooms now.

The delays were driving me crazy. I hadn't planned on getting the insurance company involved in the first place. If I hadn't it would have been done weeks ago. But when it was suggested and we found out that they would cover a lot of the cost, we went with it. I guess that's what you get when you want to save money. Oh well, it's done now.

For those of you stopping by for the BS Friday post, it is coming. I know I missed last week but I won't miss this week. Just give me a little while and I'll have something posted.

OK, time to get going with this day. Fridays are great, aren't they?

No comments: