Monday, December 19, 2005

The Secret Is Out

During the party on Friday Nicci found out that my ex lives a few doors down. Yep. It came out thanks to everyone having too good a time and too much alcohol. Figures.

Toward the end of the evening the remnants of the party crown were all sitting aroud the bar joking about how so many exes had shown up. Even Nicci's ex-husband attended.

*For the record, I don't even think about stuff like that. He's a good guy and I like him just fine. I spoke with him for a while and he hung around for a while everything was just fine. To me, what's past is past.*

We had a couple attend who were once married and one half of a divorced couple showed up even though both were invited.

Anyway, we were talking about all that stuff and I joked that if the one missing divorced friend had shown up then all our exes would have been there but mine and I'd have had to give her a call just so we'd have them all there. That was a mistake.

One of our friends started laughing and babbling on about how she had forgotten about my ex living so close. She was almost losing it laughing about the fact that my ex was just a few doors down. I think she forgot that it wasn't something Nicci knew about. Of course Nicci asked for clarity on the subject. Surprisingly she found it very amusing that we lived so close together. She laughed quite a bit about it. (I hope it stays that way.)

So now she knows about it. Of course I feigned ignorance. It doesn't seem to have bothered her too much. She seemed fine with it yesterday. We'll see how it goes from here.

So, a word to the wise, beware of friends who can't keep secrets, especially when they are drinking. Alcohol + secret = (possible)trouble ;)

No comments: