Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Interesting Day Indeed

***I tried to post this yesterday afternoon but somehow it was in "Drafts" when I checked this morning. So here it is now, properly posted.


I came in today with a plan. Yeah, I know, I should have learned my lesson long ago about doing that. Well, as per usual, I got part way into my plan and got sidetracked and ended up doing a lot of stuff off the plan. Still, a productive day. Just not what I had planned.

Then a bunch of us went to lunch. We took the new girl to 'our Tuesday burger joint' to break her in properly. The place has the best burgers around and on Tuesday's they are 1/2 price. I hitched a ride in the Peachy-mobile with the new girl and the other guys came later. (We were tired of waiting for them. Well, when the second part of our group, the Engineers, parked the car, their driver bumped into the back of a parked car. He didn't hit it hard and there wasn't any damage but here's the surprise, the owner of that car was sitting in it. He apparently wasn't too happy about that love tap either.

They got that straightened out and we finally all got to order. During the conversation and scarfing, Engineer guy decided to demonstrate how the game of flipping coasters is done. When he was into his demonstration, he manages to knock over the new girl's glass and spill water all over her lap. You should have seen his face. He turned totally red. It was hilarious. Talk about breaking the new girl in nicely!

Later on in the afternoon, Peachy and I were talking about life stuff (mostly her's) and she said she had to stop talking to me about things. She said I was like the bad devil on her shoulder telling her to do bad things and she was the good angel on her other shoulder trying to get her to be good. I thought that was really funny. It may seem like that too because when I analyze things, I try to look at every angle and sort through the crap. Always I will decide that my opinion is the one that favors the most fun stuff a person can experience in any given situation so it seems like I am an advocate of anything mischievious. That's not really true, but I can see how she would think that.

Then we were talking to one of the 'cool' Maintenance guys and he was telling us how he doesn't like anybody. He made a good point for it too. It really did seem like he didn't like anybody at all. Then he admitted that he liked Peachy and me, so we were a little relieved. I was almost convinced that he was a total Scrooge.

So that's the day's recap. I hope you found something you can use for you entertainment pleasure. I sort of enjoyed the whole thing, to tell you the truth. :)

No comments: