Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Post Christmas Blues?

Anyone got the post Christmas Blues?




Nah, me neither. I don't get those Christmas let downs. The Christmas weekend was great. I got to hang with family, friends and had some nice alone time with Nicci. Plus I had so many good things to eat! All weekend. How can that be bad?

I scored big with gifts too. Funny thing about that is that we weren't going to exchange gifts this year, again. But every year it's the same. We plan to not exchange gifts and we don't keep to it.

I can't help it. I love giving gifts so I usually start the buying. Then Nicci finds out and probably feels guilty or something and it just snowballs. Personally, I think she likes buying gifts too and I give her a good excuse to start.

I did have one special moment I will share. I was sitting at our front window Christmas morning watching the sunrise. The mountains are right in front of the house so we get an awesome view of the sunrise. The sky turned all kinds of amazing colors and kept changing as the seconds went by. I sat in front of the fire and watched and had one of those Hallmark moments of clarity. I realized that I had every reason to be content. I had everything a person could need. I had had an awesome year and I really didn't have anything to complain about, even though I do, silly boy that I can be. I had good family, good friends and even realized that a lot of my acquaintances in the blog world have become real friends. That made me smile. Who would have thought that was possible? Not me.

So now it's back to work. I really don't mind so much today for some reason. Maybe one reason is that we have another long weekend coming right away. That's always cool. But I do have some stuff to do and hopefully the week will blow right on by. Don't take that as me being happy to be at work. I didn't lose my mind over the weekend or anything. I'm just coping well today.

Let's hope it lasts. :)

No comments: