Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Get Outta My Head

Tonight on the way home I had two different subjects on my mind. I tried to shove them away a few times but I just couldn’t. The first was my beloved Yankees. More specifically I was running through the post season of 2004. Yes, it’s over a year old and I still am in shock.

I still can’t get over that loss. I guess I should say ‘those losses’. Maybe the fact that Tom Gordon is gone now has brought it all back again. I don’t know. I do know I never liked Gordon and I am so grateful that he is no longer a Yankee. I don’t care who says he’s a good pitcher, I never saw him come into a game and do his job. Mostly I got to see him mess it up.

That last game (it should have been the last game) of the A.L. Championship that he let get away is still burned into my brain. To me, that made him seem like a red sux player all over again. I’m glad he’s gone.

The other thing I couldn’t get off my mind was Jennifer Love Hewitt. I like her new show, The Ghost Whisperer. I’ve seen it a few times and I think it just keeps getting better. (Now suddenly I’m wondering how Lars feels about it.) But I keep wondering what she’s like to talk to. I just can’t get an inkling as to what she must be like. A lot of other celebrities you can imagine a conversation with, but for some reason, I don’t have a clue what it would be like to speak with Jennifer Love Hewitt.

I read recently where she is a huge pop star in Japan. I knew she was a singer but I’ve never heard anything she’s done. But the Japanese love her. I’m not too sure that is any kind of recommendation though. I remember seeing a Japanese metal band back in the 80’s play in Baltimore. They were huge in Japan at the time. The only good thing I can remember from it was how the singer kept screaming “Are you ready to rock-n-roll Baltimore!?!” (You have to say that with a heavy Japanese accent.) It is still funny to me.

Nope, I do not know how or why these thing pop into my brain like they do. They just do. Sometimes I can't just chase them away either.

No comments: