Monday, February 21, 2005

Blogger Slacker

Yep, that's me today. A blogger slacker. I've been distracted my my new toys, the computer, printer and all the neat gadgets. The pc came with a DVD/CD reader/writer combo with "Lightscribe". Yeah, I know, wtf is that? Well, I never heard of it until yesterday. Those of you on the cutting edge of technology, bear with those of us who aren't. What it is is a DVD/CD burner that allows you to burn your music or movie on one side of the disk and then flip it over and burn any image or lettering or a combination of both on the other side. It's been fun to play with. I've burned some music cds and made labels and added pictures onto the opposite side. They come out great!

The printer is another story. I got a good one so I can print my pictures at home as good as the ones you get done at a photo place. It even has a slot to put the card from my digital camera right into the printer, view and edit and print the pics without even needing the pc. Too cool! Of course I always save my pictures and write them onto a cd, but I don't need to do that step first if I don't want to now.

So you see, I've been distracted today. I like my new toys. I did make a new audio message but my phone got screwed up, so I didn't get to post it. (Lost signal.) I plan on doing it over again soon. See, I'm not a total blogger slacker! Just a big slacking blogger slacker. ;)

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey Bob. Can't blame ya for wanting to play with your new toys. I go through that, too. And I'd heard of Lightscribe, but I never knew what it was called. I want one! Right now, I have two printers, one for everyday printing and pictures, and the other is an inkjet I use specifically for CD printing. No paper labels for me!

grace said...

hrm... did you get an HP?

Yankeebob said...

Yeah Lynn, it's hard to stop playing with new toys when the 'shine' is still on them. So you can print directly onto a cd with your inkjet? That sounds cool.

Hey J. It looks weird when you first read about burning cd's, but it's actually easy. It's really fun to invent pictures to burn onto them. (I think I might get addicted to audioblogging too.)

Jen, I love video games! I have several that wouldn't play right on my old pc that work fine on this new one. I'll be playing for a while, I can see. Your husband bought the games "to avoid the family"? Bummer.

Yeah Grace, you figured it out. I think the Lightscribe thing is specific to HP. (?)

grace said...

i don't think the technology is specific to HP, i think the name "lightscribe" is... but what the heck do i know?