Tuesday, February 08, 2005

PETA- People Eat Tasty Animals

I have to wonder if there is even one sane person with PETA. I heard they were screwing with Mercedes Benz about the use of leather for their seats. They mentioned the number of cowhides that it takes to get one car seat done. Big deal. That's what the cows are raised for. That and the steaks, burgers, tongue (yuck) and all the other things we raise them for. They are food. They are a resource for people to use. They are tasty.

These people get on my nerves. Now Mercedes has decided that they will be offering cloth seats and imitation leather as options on their cars. That's not a bad thing to do. It just bugs me that the nuts from PETA feel like it's some kind of victory for their cause. I don't mind anyone fighting for a cause. I just don't care for fanatics of any kind. They tend to go overboard. I think this is one of those issues where they are just being a-holes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an animal lover. I worked as an Animal Cruelty Officer for 5 years and I've seen what ignorant and cruel people can do to animals. I've also seen what nut-jobs like PETA and Greenpeace can do to the credibility of those of us who really were trying to make a difference. They make everything harder.

Face it, some animals are a commidity. People are omnivores. Plus I like my Reeboks and Nikes made from leather, not to mention my car seats. So shoot me. (Figuratively please.) I also love KFC. There something to drool over!

I believe that fanatics of any kind are unbalanced and dangerous. So to all you PETA goobs, screw you. I'm going to the Outback tonight just for spite. A big ol Filet Mignon will rid me of the bad taste this story put in my mouth. Yum!

8 comments:

peachy said...

When I get that fur coat, I DARE a PETA to spray something on it. I might have to get put in jail. Either that or I'll go on Judge Judy. hee hee.

They really need to get lives.

peachy said...

J-we'd look cute on Judge Judy. I'll accept your offer. :)

JK said...

I agree with your points about fanatacism.

As I was reading about Mercedes offering imitation leather and cloth seats in their vehicles it got me thinking, are vehicles really major issue in the leather industry. I would have to say that there are probably ten times (or maybe more) the leather used for all the leather jackets in the world.

PETA is just a little f'd up in my opinion.

grace said...

on maddox's site (http://maddox.xmission.com/) he has this pic... something about... for every animal you don't eat, i'm going to eat 3 or something like that. reminded me of you :P

SJ said...

Never heard of PETA before but they sound like interfering annoying people, and as such, would get on my nerves very quickly...

Lars said...

PETA bugs the piss out of me too. They are bitching about that cat in "blood" commercial from the super bowl. ITS NOT EVEN REAL, why are you complaining about THOUGHTS and INFERENCES now?

Jeeeez...get a life.

Summer said...

Ian, PETA = People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. They're fronted by a bunch of celebrities, namely Pamela Anderson. I think they're all nuts!!! I'm an animal lover too (obviously, since I work in an animal field), but they take animal issues to the extreme.

Lynn said...

I love animals, too. But I also love the leather seats in my vehicle. I admit it. I'm a carnivorous creature. Give me a big, fat, juicy steak any day.