Saturday, February 12, 2005

I Feel Like A Celebrity

Today I took my car in to the dealership again. It's the 8th visit for the same 'simple repair'. This time I got a bit of a different reception.

I walked in and the Assistant Manager called me over right away. (He should know me by now.) While we were checking in the car, the big cheese of the dealership and the big cheese of service came by and we talked for a while about everything that had been going on. Then the Master Mechanic for Toyota came by and asked me bunches of questions about what was happening with the car, when the noises coming from the new dash were loudest, that kind of stuff. He said it would help him to better diagnose the problems. I was there with all these honchos surrounding me and the other customers were looking at us like I was someone special.

I guess at this stage of this problem, I am. They are going to fix the car, gave me a new fully loaded Chrysler to drive (I'm not a Chrysler fan but this car is nice!), they are doing a free oil change and they've given me a certificate signed by the head guy for the 7500 mile service to be done free of charge.

I guess calling the owner of the dealership and letting him have it was a good idea! This must be what it's like to be a celebrity. All the attention from big wigs and free stuff. I kinda like it.

5 comments:

Cindy-Lou said...

Are you trying to say you don't get enough attention from us, YB?

SJ said...

Admit it, Bob - you're just in it for the Groupies...

Cindy-Lou said...

I want groupies!

Yankeebob said...

I want some groupies too. That's a perk I could live with!

Katy said...

I have this theory about being the squeaky wheel. Of course, they say that squeaky gets the oil, but I also think that sometimes squeaky gets annoying and completely replaced.
What does this have to do with anything? I dunno. I guess I'm glad you got the oil. Customer service these days sucks!