Friday, February 18, 2005

Personal Revelations

I've had a couple conversations recently with blog friends (via e-mail) that have been basically about how my writing does not include 'real time' stuff about my life. Not much anyway. Also the subject of how I'm not real forthcoming about my home life has been mentioned. I don't necessarily keep these things out of the writing on purpose, but I am naturally very private about most things, especially friends and family. So I've decided to do a mini-list of personal stuff I've never revealed before to help satisfy some of the questions some people have about me. I'll try to be as open as possible.

1. You probably didn't know it but I'm the coolest guy around (this computer). Yep, there are no other guys as cool as me (using this computer) right now, so I'm easily the coolest.

2. I really like breathing. Yep, I've tried not to breathe before, but it kinda sucked, so I kept it up. Some habits are hard to break.

3. I'm still a virgin. It's true, don't laugh. When it comes to being with Sandra Bullock, I'm still a virgin. (Damn it!)

4. I am an excellent chef. I can make anything and do it reasonably well. I prefer the Banquet or Swanson recipes, but sometimes I'll branch out to Marie Callender's too.

5. I am still married. I'm not sure why, but I guess she has nowhere else to go or something. I ask, but I never get a real good answer. It's always some mushy stuff about love and all that girlie talk. Yuck!

6. I have lofty goals in life. Yep, I take them very seriously too. Just the other day I met the goal of getting to work within 10 minutes of my actual start time. Now that I've met that one, I can move on to the next one.....

7. I've never wanted kids, but I did inherit a stepson. No woman ever would guarantee me a daughter, so I didn't risk it. I did manage to get in a lot of practicing for making a baby though. You know, just in case someone actually could guarantee the daughter.

8. I'm an awesome musician. I can play like Eric Clapton one minute and Eddie Van Halen the next. Not actually all the way through any songs. Just a few licks along with the cds. It's a start!

9. I love people. All people. Well, maybe not the a-holes. Or the rotten politicians. Not the fanatics either. Probably not the stupid ones or the rude ones or the stuck-up ones or the criminals or the ugly ones either. I don't like mean people either. I really don't like the uber-nice people either or the ones who talk too much. I especially don't like the ones who don't like the Yankees, but that is a very small group. (Please don't chastise me for not liking the ugly ones. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder you know.)

10. I am a workout fanatic. I love being in shape. These days I can even walk up all three flights of stairs in my house and recover my breathing in less than 10 minutes. I'm a stud!

11. I'm an awesome writer. I've written several books that have been best sellers. Just the other day I wrote (again) a chapter of "Lord of the Rings". Maybe you've heard of it? Yep, I've written several parts of it before. My writing is most likely why you keep coming back to this blog.

12. I'm always serious. I never like to mislead anyone, so I try to be serious about everything all the time. I guess that can be a little dull at times, but it is the best way to be. Seriously.

Well, there you have it. Some personal revelations that I am very reticent to reveal, but for my blog friends, I will acquiesce. I'll be happy to answer any and all questions at another time, so feel free to ask away. I'm feeling very open today.

9 comments:

peachy said...

I didn't know all that about you< YB. Engineer guy has his guitar today. You should rock the casbah at lunch. :)

JK said...

Hey B.Ob, I've said it before, who has more fun than you? I would guess not many.

That is quite the personal list. It's no wonder we didn't hear about this stuff before. It will take me all of next week to digest this mass of "information".

Yankeebob said...

Yeah Peachy, cg, Engineer guy and I were talking about the guitar. They've both played in a band too. I just want to break the guitar out and play it! It's one of those things where I can't resist the temptation.

cat said...

"i'm still married. i guess she has no place to go..." bwahahahaha!

you crack me up, yb. i know i can almost always get a laugh when i come here. :)

Me said...

You have a wife and a stepson that actually live in the same house as you? GASP! Ok... I want to hear more wife and son stories. :)

Jody said...

Bob- now the mystique is gone. I know too much about you. Well, except for what kind of underwear you favor. Boxers? Tighty whities? Thong? *gasp*

Cindy-Lou said...

As if we didn't know you were serious all the time. And never sarcastic. Ever.

Amy S. Petrik said...

hey yankee bob... i now have a new home. come check me out :) have a great weekend. inky

Lynn said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!You kill me, Bob. Keep it up.