Thursday, February 10, 2005

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Models

I was flipping channels last night and came across this (reality?) show about Sports Illustrated looking for a new swimsuit model for this year. It was on one of the music, so called, channels. I don't remember which one.

What got me wasn't the babes. They were down to the final 3, so how can you go wrong? Can't! Anyway, when the magazine people were sitting around a table trying to decide which of the 3 to let go, they were arguing amongst themselves when a woman who had been quiet spoke up. She was an ex-SI model. (They even showed some graphic about her being in the SI Hall of Fame. ???) Well, as soon as she spoke up all the other people there talked over her and said stuff like "Well, you're just a model", and "You're not a photographer", and "You're not producing this issue." I was shocked. They just put her down without even taking her opinion seriously for a nano-second. I felt really bad for her.

I would think that someone who had been in the business for as long as she was would have some view worth listening to. Shows what I know.

She seemed to just take it too. I was hoping she would speak up and tell them just how arrogant and mean they were sounding, but she didn't. I wonder if super models are just used to the big cheeses treating them that way and they just take it? I wouldn't. They all deserved a smack in the head, in my humble opinion.

BTW, I saw the finale last night too and the model I was hoping to win did. Her name was Alicia something. She was hot plus the other one (Shannon something) just seemed too stuck-up, so I was glad she didn't win.

2 comments:

peachy said...

I think models have weird self esteem issues even though no one would think they would. I've never known one, of course, but I just imagine they do.

I guess they just want to ex model to sit there and look pretty.

grace said...

i'm going be a bitch and say that models and their kind SHOULD be treated poorly! they've gotten everything handed to them based on their looks. they never had to work for ANYTHING. so there. :P