Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Bumming Things From Friends

I snatched this from Karen. Couldn't help myself. (Plus I still can't comment on her blog and it's making me crazy!)


"Oh, thanks NY Post":

On a sun-splashed green field of championship dreams, their refuge from the stench of steroid scandal, Neil Allen pitched, and Derek Jeter, Tino Martinez and Jorge Posada hit, and laughed, as if they were little boys whose only addiction is to the sweet smell of spring and the sound of bat on baseball. Captain Derek, back at shortstop, and dear old Tino, a familiar link to a dynastic past, stayed to field grounders.

"Can't you just close your eyes and be there with them?!? Ahhhhh."

Yeah, I can imagine them easily. Baseball season is less than 8 weeks away now and it seems like it's been forever. This just put me into a happy place this morning.



Got this part too:

"And I knew there was a reason I loved Derek Jeter":

"Yeah, there's more closet Red Sox fans now, everywhere we go you see Red Sock hats and people that used to have different hats have Red Sock hats on now, so ... Boston's in a good mood right now," Jeter said.

Funny how people suddenly become fans after a team has a good season. That's such a foreign idea to me. I don't get it. What's going to happen when they don't repeat? (They won't.) I'll bet there were some 'fans' that jumped ship after the Diamondbacks and the Angels came back to earth following their 1 season of glory. Bandwagoners suck.

1 comment:

Munch said...

I'm a yankee fan and a closet DJ fan..

He is so right - I could just marry that man and spend forever worshipping his fine self....