Friday, February 11, 2005

It's Still Christmas To Someone

As I was driving through my neighborhood this morning, I saw a house that still had Christmas lights on. They haven't taken them down yet and they still light them at night. I know it's hard to let go of the Christmas spirit, but these people are a little ridiculous.

I wanted to go back around to see if they still had a tree lit up too, but I didn't really find it that intriguing. Maybe I'm too Scrooge-like or something, but it's way past time to douse those lights people.

Maybe they are just going to leave them until next Christmas? That saves the headache of having to put them back up again.

9 comments:

Jody said...

Maybe they are using them as direction beacons? "Turn left at the stoplight and we're the morons with the Christmas lights on."

a beer sort of girl said...

There are 4 houses on my STREET that still have their lights up, and turn them on faithfully every night. I gave them a pass for the first few weeks of January, but now it's just ridiculous!

Lars said...

My sister still has her tree up and she says it's because it is the perfect tree and she got the lights and ornaments and everything on perfect and it's so pretty she doesn't want to take it down.

She lives in an apartment so now outside lights, but she has her tree up still!

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

There a few random peeps in the LBC that have their crap up, too. But now people have Valentines Day lights up. You should knock on their door and tell them that you are a representative of the local Homeowner's Association and that one of the guidelines states that all Christmas decorations must be removed by February 1st and clearly they are in violation and they must be taken down immediately.

Gah! Now I want to try it!

Amanda B. said...

Still Christmas for the Electric Company.

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Oooh yeah! I'm with Grace!! Hey Grace! Let's go drinking and then go around ripping down Christmas lights!! FUN!!

Quyen said...

Uh oh... My mom still has all her Xmas stuff up... and the tree lights up every nite :P

grace said...

q, you'd better warn your mom... mel and i are getting STINKING drunk and taking the lights off your mom's house :P

Summer said...

My neighbor keeps their icicle lights lit up all year long, every freaking night! They've been lit every night since I moved in last September.