Monday, February 07, 2005

Some People

Did you ever tell someone something simple and once they've heard your statement they ask about 8,743 questions until the simple thing is suddenly difficult? I just had a 20 minute conversation with someone who is supposed to be 'more knowledgeable' about our equpiment than me, but there are times when I have to wonder where his head is. I made a simple observation about something that wasn't working quite right. He had expressed his concern a few days ago about the same thing, thinking it might be going bad. When I verified that it was indeed going bad, he asked so many unusually stupid questions about it that I just got flustered. I wanted to scream, "Hey dope, you thought the same thing. I proved you were right. WTF is up with you now doubting it? The proof is right in front of you. Just shut up!"

Of course I didn't say that. I wanted to. What makes some people like this? I don't get it.

4 comments:

grace said...

sounds like he's just lacking a bit o' the ol' common sense. that's frustrating...

peachy said...

I missed you today YB! I hardly talked to you at all.
Anyway, I am eager to find out who this is, but I can wait until tomorrow.

People at our job are SOOOOOOO annoying. The whole lot of 'em (minus a few).

Amy S. Petrik said...

um i no longer can blog about how annoying my coworkers are. but i feel your pain. i really really do.

SJ said...

The world is filled with people a few kangaroos short of a paddock, unfortunately. We just have to suffer them as gladly as we can.

(Oh and if anyone's interested and doesn't yet know - I'm back...)