Sunday, February 27, 2005

Oscar Night Quick Notes

Ok, Desperate Housewives isn't on tonight because of the Oscars??? An awards show is on and no Eva Longoria fix tonight. That's just wrong! It's just a useless awards show. How annoying.

Damn, is Halle Berry really that beautiful? She's amazing! I just turned to the Housewives channel and there is some kind of pre-Oscar show on. I guess Halle is a pretty good person to see when you are flipping channels. Duh! I believe I'll have to watch this a little.....

Drew Barrymore has red hair now. YB likes!

Cate Blanchett is one of my favorite actresses ever. She is so classy.

Scarlett Johansson is like a real live elf. I mean that in a positive way. She looks so waiflike or something. Almost like she isn't quite real.

Samuel L. Jackson is so cool! Love that guy.

So is Morgan Freeman. I think they said he's nominated for something. Whatever it is, I hope he wins.

Penelope Cruz is a babe. It's even greater that she isn't standing there with that bum Tom Cruise.

Mike Myers' mini interview was quite... boring.

I wonder what it's like to be in that heavy spotlight? I'd like to try it, just once, to see if I could take it.

I also wonder, where is Sandy?

Chris Rock again? He's great, but this stuff isn't. Gotta wonder.

Well, 10 minutes is about all I can take. It's been fun.....

8 comments:

peachy said...

I seriously paused "Young Frankenstein" to see if the Oscars were on ABC, and I was right.

We'll discuss the movie tomorrow. It was too funny.

I think Morgan Freeman was up for best supporting actor. I'll catch up on the outfits tomorrow. Kate Winslett looked nice, and that's all I saw.

Me said...

Those things were on last night?
Huh.
Not for us. Didn't think about it. We all (the family) watched Mr. Bean last night. Hilarious. Rowan Atkinson. The kind of humor my 12 year old adores.

As for Morgan Freeman though.. he is the coolest. He and Bill Cosby and Denzel Washington are all cool in my book.

I did see the headline on news this morning that Million Dollar Baby won something. Hilary Swank??? BOY BOY BOY. Yes I know she is a female but damn she looks like a boy.

Me said...

http://people.aol.com/people/galleries/0,19884,1020156_1030178_6,00.html

Sorry Bob... they don't agree with you on Drew.

Lars said...

I watched them...all. I don't care if everyone is bashing them, I like celebrities and I like movies and I like hot women in barely there dresses.

Drew Barrymore...YUCK
Hilary Swank...not the prettiest face but the rest of her is VERY nice!
Natalie Portman....oooooh yeah, she is hot hot hot in my book.
Salma Hayek....wowser! Nice!
Penelope Cruz...hottie!

Cindy-Lou said...

You are SO right about Scarlett Johansson, that's hilarious. And what was wrong with Mike Meyers' face? His skin looked weird.

Mama Duck said...

Besides being a fabulously talented actor, Morgan Freeman has one of the best and most distinct voices ever. Loved him in "The Shawshank Redemption"!

It's a guilty pleasure to watch the beautiful people of the world parade around. Nice to check out who looks hot and make fun of those who chose poor couture for the evening! :)

Munch said...

Sandy? Would this be CL's girlfriend Sandy?

I think I saw them together having dinner...

Yankeebob said...

J, I didn't know you were as into Desperate Housewives as Peachy and I. I usually don't get into a series too much, but that one is great.

Hey Peachy, isn't "Young Frankenstein" great? Told you I wouldn't lead you astray.

Meritt, I love Mr. Bean. I watched that a lot when it was a regular show on PBS. The movie is hilarious. Oh, and Hillary Swank = manly. Maybe playing a boxer suits her pretty well? (I can't help myself, I like the red/auburn hair, even on Drew.)

Jen, I still haven't seen Funding Nemo. I've heard it's great.

Ya know Lars, I expected you would be a fan of the Oscars, being so into the theatre scene. You left my 2 personal faves off your list; Cate Blanchett and Halle Berry.

Yeah CL, I was thinking Mike Myers was kinda glowing a weird color or something. It looked strange.

Mama Duck, thanks for stopping by. I agree about Morgan Freeman, I'm a huge fan. You don't really make fun of the "poor couture" creatures, do you? Yeah, me too. ;)

AT, are you withholding important information? CL and Sandy? Hmm... kind of a hot idea there.....