Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Admiration From Afar

I really admire my neighbors. The ones 2 doors down from me. That doesn’t sound like a big deal really. It is though because of why I’m saying it.

The reason I admire them so much is the way they appear to be content with their chosen life. They are younger than me and they have one little girl who just turned a year old. She is the most adorable little girlie who smiles and giggles at me every time I talk with her. I love to see them walking down the path behind our house together or strapping the kid on the back of their bikes to go riding. They just seem like the perfect couple in a lifestyle they are totally content living. I am envious.

I’m not a family making type person by any means. That is well documented. I am also not easily contented. Truthfully, it is the opposite with me. I am the second most restless person on the face of the Earth. I also have the attention span of a gnat. So when I see people who are where they want to be and are happy, I admire them greatly. I don’t know how you get to that place, but I love seeing it happen.

I really like my neighbors and wish them and their little sweetie all the best. I also will always feel a little jealous because they are happy where they are. I’ll never figure out how to be that way. I’m neither sad about it nor bitter. It’s just a fact for me. Not a problem, just a fact.

I think people like my neighbors are put on this Earth as an example for people like me. Luckily my attention span is limited. That way I don’t get any silly ideas about trying to change my ways. No coulda-shoulda-woulda’s here. I yam what I yam what I yam, as Popeye would say. That’s enough of a burden for any one person to try and bear.

No comments: