Thursday, June 16, 2005

Shows What I Know

I wonder sometimes about people. There is this woman who works in another department who is very shy. She walks down the hallway always looking down. She keeps to herself most of the time. She's just not the outgoing type. Even when she's working, she goes about her business and basically works alone. She does interact with others just fine, but she is obviously shy.

But when I walk by her in the hallway and say hi, she always looks up, smiles and says hello. Sometimes she even stops to talk, even though her cheeks get red easily from being so unsure. It's kinda cute.


Then theres another woman in a different lab who is the total opposite. When I'm in there, shes always talking. Loudly. She doesn't seem to stop. I never see her laughing with anybody though. It's like she's holding court and the whole conversation is others listening to her.

Then when I see her in the hallway and say hi, (this morning, for example) she just walks on by. As if nothing was said. Sometimes she will look up, but usually she just keeps on going.

On the surface, I would think the opposite would be true in these two examples. Shows what I know. I wonder what makes people tick sometimes.

No comments: