Sunday, June 05, 2005

It's Over When It's Over

A few months ago I wrote about a couple that I know who are married but really don’t like each other very much. We saw them yesterday and things are no better. Actually, things have become predictably worse.

They decided shortly after that last post that they should sell their house, suck up the ginormous profit from that, pay off debt and move to another state. They thought a new locale and new start would help their relationship. Typical stupidity in the works. There was no talking to them either. So that’s what they did.

Now, after just a few short months, their relationship is much worse. As I said earlier, predictable. Moving and starting out a new life only adds stress to an already stressful relationship. Now they are talking ‘hate’ when they argue. The worst part is that they do not shield their kids from it. They have 2 young kids that hear them fighting. I could just smash them for that bit of irresponsibility. Dumb asses.

This type of situation is so common. People, for whatever reason, can’t face the truth about where they really are in life. They instead try to find ways around facing the truth until things get so bad they can’t be ignored. It’s simple really, when something is over, it’s over. Walk away with the maturity it takes to do so, DO NOT involve the kids in the messy stuff, and begin anew. It sucks getting started, but in the long run, everyone wins.

If you think kids don’t know when parents don’t like each other, think again. Kids always can feel the truth. There is no way these 2 will ever feel stable now that they have heard their parents talking about how much they hate each other.

We have a weekend visit planned with them at the end of the month. I am not looking forward to it at all. When we are alone, I’ll get the ‘guy’ version; Nicci will get the ‘girl’ version. I hate that. I have a tendency to tell things as I see them, but this guy is in his own little world so much that he never listens anyway. I have nothing to talk with him about.

I think I’ll hang with the kiddies as much as possible. I understand them better anyway.

No comments: