Saturday, March 05, 2005

Couple'a Thoughts I've Had Recently.....

I'm just getting started on what probably will be a very busy day. I most likely won't be able to blog until late this evening, but I did want to provide everyone with some food for thought. Who knows, maybe there will be an audioblog in this day since I'll be on the road so much.


I've been singing "Too Hot To Trot" by the Commodores a lot lately. One of those times where a song just gets stuck in your head. Remember that song? It's from back when Lionel Richie was cool. Then he went solo and all cry-baby and started sucking. Blah! I like that song along with "Brick House" and "Easy". Good stuff.

I noticed something recently on the highway; women who drive Volvo Station Wagons tend to be sexy looking. (Out of the car, who knows for sure?) But they look classy and sexy. Can't say that for a lot of other station wagons.

I also noticed that men driving mini-vans seem to think they are competing in the Indy-500 or something. I'm thinking that this is an over-compensation thing, trying to get past having a family type vehicle and not having a Corvette or something. Or maybe it's just that men in mini-vans are assholes. ???

Isn't the word "dealership" funny? It would be quite a trip to be traveling on a ship of dealers. You might need body armor. Those guys are territorial. If one of them walked out onto the wrong deck that was someone else's territory, there would be a shootout for sure.

Or it could be a gamblers paradise. Nothing but card dealers. Of course, you can't expect to win anything since they are all professionals, but wtf, it would be fun.

Did anyone notice that Pierce Brosnan's wife is kind of.... not so attractive? I find that odd because I think he's a pretty good looking guy. I always find it strange when a big star who is good looking isn't with someone else like them. Damn, I suck at being PC. Anyway, you get it, I hope.

I also noticed that I still think that Star Jones person sucks. Where did she come from again? Someone in bloggerland told me once. She should go back to wherever it was.

6 comments:

Me said...

That's too funny about the Volvo... we had to get a rental car once when our van died about an hour before we were to leave on vacation in it. They only had a 'station wagon' and visions of Mrs. Brady came to mind.

We got it... and dang, it was cool! Top of the line, sleek black with leather seats and all the extras. We loved it. I also decided that I would look classy and 'rich' driving that thing around. But then our trip was over and I was back in my minivan. LOL.

Madley said...

Hey YB, it's so funny what you said about Keely Shaye Smith and Pierce Brosnan... I remember when they first got married she was a skinny, flashy BABE.

Very interesting... she's changed a lot. (I just googled her... interesting site as well!)

Keely Shaye Smith

Cindy-Lou said...

Yet another reason to get a Volvo, up my sexiness quotient.

Munch said...

YB - I'm starting to see a pattern with you and your dealership thoughts. I think its time for you to move on and deal with your previous dealer.

Hopefully your day was fun while being very eventful!!!

Lynn said...

Does this mean I should tell my husband to forget the SUV and buy me a Volvo wagon?

*shudder*Maybe not. It'd be a sure sign I've become my mother.

Yankeebob said...

Egghe, James Bond's wife got kinda huge. I was shocked to see that.

Galactica is great! It just keeps getting better and better.

Meritt, you would make the 'Volvo look' thing a reality. I could see you driving one.

Madley, thanks. Keely Shaye Smith is her name and I couldn't remember it. She was once a seriously beautiful woman.

CL, you should get a Volvo. You'd just make the thing even sexier.

AT, I'm dealing well with the old dealer. I've dumped them plus I've also sent a certified letter to the pwner detailing all the horrors inflicted on us by his shop. Probably won' amount to anything, but I feel better.

Lynn, get the SUV. You don't need a Volvo to look sexy. You've got it already.