Friday, March 04, 2005

Who's The Literary Champ Of The Morning?

The following is a quote from one of my favorite books. Whoever can guess which book it is will have the title of Literary Champion Of The Day! (I know, you're all aquiver.)

"I was about half in love with her by the time we sat down. That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are."


BTW, no cheating by Googling or anything. I have mind powers. You will be caught.

5 comments:

Jody said...

Sounds like something written by Nicholas Sparks. But I'm guessing he didn't write your favorite book.

a beer sort of girl said...

Catcher in the Rye?

Yankeebob said...

Jody, I had to look up Nicholas Sparks. I didn't know who he was. Sorry, no championship for you. :(

Beergirl wins it! Good job. Beergirl is the Literary Champ of the day!

I love that book. That quote is one of my favorite ones from any book. It rings so true about how a person can feel when they are 'in the moment'.

It has just occured to me that the west coast bloggers are probably still asleep, so I think I'll think up one for them this afternoon. I guess the title of the post was a premonition?

peachy said...

I was going to guess Catcher in the Rye too. It sounds like something Holden would say.

a beer sort of girl said...

Whoo-hoo! I'm a winner.

Hey, it's beer day, and I've started a campaign on my site to bring back my favorite beer. Check it out!