Friday, March 04, 2005

Strange Start To A Possibly Strange Day

This morning my breakfast has consisted of cherry Toaster Strudels, soon a Harry & David Dark Chocolate candy bar that I found in my fridge (surprise!) and Irish Cream coffee. To begin with, It's Friday and I'm in Friday mode, including the goofy mood, and this 'health food' diet will only add to the mood.

Also this morning when I started up the car to leave for work, New York New York by Frank Sinatra was the first song playing on the cd player, so I knew the Yankees couldn't have lost their Grapefruit League game yesterday. (I was right by the way. The game ended tied.) Did Ropemonkey get to a game yesterday?

Speaking of the Yankees, a bunch of us went out to lunch for 2 co-workers' birthdays yesterday and the place we went to had the Yankee game on. It was really hard to leave, but I did leave with a good feeling. When the boys of summer are playing ball, you know that winter is on it's last legs. That's really exciting.

So I guess there is a combination of things helping me into this good mood this morning. Stay tuned for further posts. I feel a few coming on......

3 comments:

Me said...

Sounds like an awesome morning so far! Except I'm sure you must have just pilfered (sp?) your wife's secret candy bar stash... and you'll pay for that dearly. Hee hee.

The cherry toaster strudel sounds delish! Would go great with my hot black coffee right now.

peachy said...

Lunch was fun yesterday.
I heard a Carrabas commercial about calamari and a tear came to my eye.

WHY DO YOU SERVE FROZEN CALAMARI? hee hee.

Oddgirl said...

I'm eating a chicken salad sandwich for breakfast. I would much prefer a strudel and a candy bar. I picked up the 2005 Spring Training schedule yesterday. I can't wait to go to a game.:)

Michael has changed his team this year. He is rooting for the Yankee's. I knew you would be pleased.:)