Thursday, March 17, 2005

The Week In Review (Sort of)

I’m going to try to remember some of the things I was trying to post about all this week. Blogger wasn’t letting me post anything and I feel the need to catch up.

This week Congress they are having hearings on steroid use in Baseball. Now, I totally agree that the cheaters using steroids should be smacked down. The problem needs to be addressed better than the lame assed way the Commissioner and the all-mighty players union have agreed to handle it. Which is, of course, to keep allowing steroid use with little-to-no penalty if caught. The problem(s) I have with this whole scene is, first why is Congress involved? The Baseball people should have handled it right away. Now they have the Government people messing in their business. Second, why isn’t Barry Bonds in the hot seat? He’s the most obvious cheater. It’s most likely a money thing. He is close to hitting enough home runs this year to pass Babe Ruth’s homerun mark. Steroids be damned, Baseball wants the revenue.

Blogger has sucked for well over a week. That’s not news. I still like it better than the other blog hosting sites I’ve found so far. It may be a little while before I find a place I like well enough to start the new blog and/or move this one.

Robert Blake was acquitted this week. The jury said that the prosecution didn’t ‘put the gun in his hand’. His excuse was that he had left his gun in the restaurant, went back in to get it and his wife got shot while he was in there. If that isn’t the lamest, most made up sounding story I’ve ever heard… wait, what did O.J. say at his trial? Oh yeah…..

Michael Jackson is on trial too. That’s a screwy guy. It’s pretty obvious that he’s not quite right. I’m not sure what he’s doing with those kids sleeping in his bed, but it can’t be good. What is wrong with the parents of theses kids? He’s also up to his ‘I’m sick & injured’ tricks again. When the pressure is on, Michael gets sick. He’s just looking for sympathy votes. The guy belongs in a nut house.

I’m still addicted to Frosted Mini-Wheats. I’ve had all 3 kinds this week. (And Peachy has helped munch a few too)

I saw an ad that claimed the O.C. was the best show ever on television. Uh huh.

I keep hearing about possible candidates for president in the next election. I think this is strange. Shouldn’t we wait until say… 3 years at least have passed before trying to pick new candidates? Some of these people that have been mentioned may not even be around then.

SciFi had another cool home-made movie on last Saturday. Mansquito. It was about a crazy homicidal maniac that tried to escape and got some experimental mosquito DNA all over him. Then he turned into a 7’ tall Mansquito! It was so cheesy and so cool. I love those cheesy SciFi movies.

Well, those are just some of the things I was thinking about. I’m tired and drawing a blank right now on any more. Maybe tomorrow I’ll remember something else.

No comments: