Monday, March 14, 2005

Weekend Update

I have to admit something, I really like the show Newlyweds. Nick & Jessica crack me up. I even went and bought the DVDs for the 1st season. I never saw any of the 1st season because I just assumed it would suck, but after seeing some of the 2nd, I decided it was pretty funny. Those 2 are really opposites. A true Odd-Couple. So there you have it, YB is a fan. I don't care to hear either one singing at all. That weird voice worbling Jessica does is no good. Plus the hand spasms she has remind me of Joe Cocker. Nick just sings pop stuff that I can't stand. Like that Timberlake dork who really sucks a lot.

Speaking of Timberlake, how did he get to be involved with the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame ceremonies? All these great names like Eric Clapton, U2, B.B. King..... and Justin Timberlake??? Blasphemy, if you ask me!

While I was cruising the aisles at Best Buy I also came across the special edition of the movie "Legend". I had no idea there was a special edition. That is a cool movie. One of my favorites. I can't stand Tom Cruise, but in this one he's OK.

I finally got caught up with Battlestar Galactica this weekend too. That is a great show. It's so much better than the original. At this point it's easily my favorite out there. Until Baseball season starts, of course. Then it will be 2nd best.

I really didn't intend to do an entertainment post. It just turned out that way. I guess that's what's on my mind this morning.

5 comments:

SJ said...

The first episode of Galactica aired in Australia at the start of February. It rocked. Then I had to return to Ireland so I have missed every episode since.

Now I am in Ireland and the BBC is about to air the first episode of the new Dr Who (which looks like it might possibly kick ass in a Galactica-type way). Guess who goes back to Australia three days after the first episode airs...?

I'm *so* unlucky with my TV...!

Lars said...

my god...I'm obsessed with Newlyweds too...how did this happen to all three of us? I started being obsessed about a month ago.

Amy S. Petrik said...

I am 37 years old and admit to loving the NEWLYWEDS. All three seasons. Though I hate, I really do HATE sister Ashlee I find myself gravitating towards her lame show. But I am always faithful to Nick and Jessica.

grace said...

doesn't BSG rock, though? i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that show...

i also am partial to the newlyweds... but we don't watch it that often...

btw, i can't pick just ONE of the choices for your poll... just add one vote for each one, please :P

Summer said...

Nooo! All this talk of what's on tv is killing me. I have no cable t.v. I have one channel, 8, and it doesn't come in all that well. :( I'm stuck watching DVD's and downloading episodes from the internet.