Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Finally Home For A few Minutes.....

Today has been a hectic one, but since the weather is so awesome, I haven't minded a bit. Cruising around, windows down, sun roof open, good tunes playing (thanks to Cindy Lou and the Blogger CD). Quite the pleasant way to run errands.

I guess you can tell I'm not working today. Had to take the Jeep in for it's first oil change. The book says it doesn't have to go in before it reaches 3000 miles, but I'm just not made that way. Old school logic dictates that the first oil change must be done after 500 miles and before 1000 miles. The motor has a break-in period and the first 1000 miles can make the oil a little dirtier. So, I took it in today. Screw their book.

I also had to take one of my kitties to the Vet. She's having a bout with throwing up a lot. Other than puking several times a day, she's fine. So we're having some blood-work done to see if she got into something toxic. It's a bit expensive, but worth it.

Last night I found out my Uncle has been diagnosed with cancer. That's been constantly on my mind today. Apparently a spot on one lung. They are supposed to check it out closer today/tomorrow to see how hard it will be to treat. It 'appears' to be still isolated on that one spot. I really hope so. This next few months will be hard for him and my Aunt, and for those of us who are close to him. I just want to scream "THIS SUCKS!!!", but I won't. I'll let it take it's course, pray about it and go with whatever comes along. But it does really suck.

The weather today is awesome. Broke out the grill to get it ready. Going soon to get some filets for grillage tonight. Gonna sit on the deck and enjoy the evening and try to unwind from my travels. Hopefully I'll get the time to catch up with everyone tonight. Hopefully.

No comments: