Saturday, March 05, 2005

A Pretty OK day

Well, it's been a good day. I took my old PC to my Mom's house and set it up for her. She's pretty happy with it. I also visited with my Uncle for several hours at his store. That's always fun for me. Topped it all off with a filet and salad from Outback with Nicci. All in all, a pretty good day.

Tomorrow we'll head back to PA to celebrate my Uncle's birthday with the family. I guess the diet is blown this weekend. Too much good stuff around.

This morning when I was at Starbuck's (you expected anything different?) I was in line and I noticed this woman looking at me. I looked back at her and immediately I thought she looked very familiar. I could not remember why though. A short time later I looked over and she was again looking at me and this time she smiled. I smiled back and then she looked away. I paid for my coffee and when I turned around the woman was leaving with a friend. When they went by the big window, I saw the friend clearly and suddenly I knew who she was. I knew them both. I'll just call them T & K here. T I hadn't seen in maybe 10 years but K and I still communicate sometimes. We were all buds way back when. They were roomies and they shared this great apartment right downtown. I was so sad that I didn't look around early enough to see K because I'd have loved to had the chance to catch up with both. Damn the luck. Plus, I usually check out everyone in a place I go into. Normally I would have noticed K, but I was distracted by trying to figure out who T was. I hate when that happens. Sometimes second chances like that never happen again.

Well, that's enough blabbering on about nothing. I hope everyone had a good Saturday. Time to catch up with the blog world.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Outback. I really wanted steak- must have been your influence- but Brenna just wouldn't allow it. *sigh*