Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Envious Me

The Yankee game will be starting soon. I'm basically calm right now. I sure won't be soon.

I was just thinking about my blogger buddy Karen who is at The Stadium tonight for the game. Up in the nosebleed seats. Not the best view, I'm sure. Freezing. Obnoxious drunks, some of them brave enough to be Twins fans. Getting home very late, actually early morning hours. Having to go to work early the next day. Trying to get it together to do it again tomorrow. Boy, doesn't sound like too good a time, eh?

Well, I'll tell you, I'm so envious I could pop! There can be no better time than to be in Yankee Stadium for the playoffs. None. I certainly don't begrudge anyone the experience, but I sure wish I was there too.

So when you see this post Karen, know that all of your Yankee buds were there with you in spirit. Go Yanks!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Man, I wish you all could've been there for real. You guys could've taught the lame crowd a lesson in what it means to be a true Yankee fan!

It actually wasn't as cold as I thought. We FROZE in last year's ALDS Game 2, so I think that was like our cold standard or something.

Going again tonight, and I'll be pretending that The SS Mystique and Aura crew are with me in the bleachers. Here's hoping the result is a better one!