Thursday, October 21, 2004

Fair Weather Enemies

***I had posted this earlier today but it disappeared along with a comment that had been left. I'm posting it again to see if it will stay this time. To the commenter, feel free to comment again please. I don't know what happened.***


I've been approached/hassled by 14 people so far that were happy about the Yankees losing. (There are some consoling souls too, but this post isn't about them.) I started keeping count because I was getting pretty pissed very early today.

Why pissed, you say? Simple, most of these people have NEVER BEFORE EVEN MENTIONED BASEBALL TO ME, not once. Now they are crawling out of the woodwork, full of joy, giving me crap about the Yankees losing. ?????

Here's some of the crap:

It's about time they lose!

Good, they buy their players so they deserve to lose.

I really don't care who wins as long as it isn't the Yankees.

I don't like baseball but I wanted the Yankees to lose anyway.

I never watch baseball but I wanted the Yankees to lose.

They win too much. Someone else deserves a chance.

Now, I don't mind some ribbing. It's all part of being a baseball fan. The few Boston fans I know have earned the right to dish out a little grief. I can take it. (We've given them plenty to grieve about.) The Baltimore fans (there are plenty of them here) are just frustrated. They can dish it out too. (With their owner screwing their team around, I don't mind.)

I do mind people that aren't fans of a baseball team and worse aren't fans of the sport giving me crap. What right do you have? You don't even have a clue as to what you are talking about. To those of you in this category, I say Piss Off! When you have a clue, come back with your still worthless two cents.

Thing is, it's a safe time to act the ass. These fair weather enemies are only showing up now because normally they can't give me crap about the Yankees. Usually the boys are busy winning. A lot. During the season, what can these goobers say? "Gee, you guys suck, being in first place and all."

But now the Yankees have done the unthinkable, they've managed to not win an ALCS. Suddenly we're fair game. I guess I should be able to understand this attitude better. And if you are a knowledgeable baseball fan, I'm OK giving you your opportunity to dish out some ribbing. But if you are just a band-wagoner who sees an opportunity to puke up some hate, screw you.

Enjoy it while you can, fair weather a-holes. Deep inside your pitiful stinking selves you know your time in the sun is very short lived.



5 comments:

grace said...

personally, i couldn't give 2 craps about baseball... i have a NY Yankees cap because i needed a dark baseball cap for bad hair days and i don't like the Mets' logo. but, yeah... fair weather fans (and enemies) are just annoying.

*and btw, i had a post disappear on me, too... what the hell?*

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

CL! I loved that quote! HA!

Anyway, Bitch-Ass Bob (I feel like I can call you that because I understand. I am in a very foul mood due to the lack of a hockey season, in case you hadn't noticed, so you can call me Bitch-Ass Mel) I am sorry that people are a-holes to you. My boss is a HUGE Yankee fan and he has been getting it all morning, too. I feel bad for him. There he is sitting there all quiet and innocent (for once) and people feel the need to make endless comments to him. It's not like he runs around the hotel whooping and hollering and rubbing it in people's faces when they win, so why must they torture him when they lose? You know why? Because people are evil and get a sadistic pleasure in kicking people when they are down.

Stepping off the soapbox now...

JK said...

You go Bob.

The only thing that worries me a little bit now is that the Yankees might try to sign Pedro. What do you think?

I would lose respect for the Yanks if they signed Pedro.

Yankeebob said...

I've heard the rumors about the Yankees signing Pedro, but I can't see it happening. I believe he will either sign again with the Blo Sox or go to Anaheim. Besides, he's no threat to the Yanks. They have an excellent record against him. That can be a deciding factor sometimes.

If the Yanks want a Sox pitcher, it will be Derek Lowe, but he seems more interested in Baltimore.

If Pedro is actually considered by the Yanks, I'll have to go and personally kick George's butt. That idea makes my stomach turn.

Katy said...

"...puke up some hate"

bwahahahahahahaha

I love it. I have been asking people what is wrong with the human race all week. Something is wrong in the cosmos maybe?