Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Home Sweet Home

Alright, the past two games were tough to take. The Yankees could have won either one. Should have won last night. (Thanks Gordon) Would have won if it was Yankee Stadium. Let’s face it; both teams have great records at home. What’s really important to remember is that Boston barely eked out wins at home. Barely. Now we get to come home to the ‘House That Ruth Built’, complete with Yankee mystique & aura and ghosts aplenty. So what’s to worry?

Speaking of mystique & aura, I believe our good Captain K.B. will be in the crowd tonight. Keep ‘em straight Cap’n. Your crew will be there in spirit.

As for our friend Gordon, I cringe when he comes in anymore. He’s so obviously worn down. First a home run to Shrek, then a walk. (Another lead off walk, basically.) Then a single to put runners on 1st & 3rd with no outs. Sheesh! Can’t you just throw strikes when you have a lead? Walks are killers. At least if they swing there is a chance to make a play.

From Yankees.com:


"I wish I would've been able to hold that lead for our team," Gordon said. "It would've worked out a little better for us."

Well, duh!!!

After that, Mo gets tagged with a ‘blown save’, even though Gordon made such a huge mess. I think he should get the bad rap, not Mo. Mariano was once again put into an untenable situation. I think he got out of it OK considering.

Both teams have to be worn out. Both bullpens are used up. I'm so ragged out I can't think straight. (Actually, that's kind of normal for me.) At least that's what I thought until I saw this:


"You're not tired at this point. This is the postseason. If you can't get up for it, you shouldn't be playing," Jeter said. "We're still in good shape, still up 3-2, so we'll try to go home and win a game tomorrow night.

"It's good to get out of here and go home."

Yeah, Home Sweet Home.

No comments: