Monday, October 11, 2004

Gilligan For President

I remember when Gilligan (yes, Gilligan's Island) was dreaming that he was the dictator of some small South American country. The people were standing under his window and he had to address them, so he asked his advisor, I think it was the Professor, what he should promise the people. His advisor told him to promise "this and that and the other thing." So he went onto the balcony and said "I promise you dis and dat and de udder ting!" The whole crowd went crazy.

That's what the Presidential race reminds me of. All kinds of promises to get votes. How many will actually be upheld?

I think Gilligan would have done well this year if he had run for President.

1 comment:

a beer sort of girl said...

I agree. Promises, promises. It's something that we've all grown accustomed to hearing that no-one is outraged anymore. We all strain to hear the truth between the sound bites, party lines, and plans for tax cuts.