Sunday, October 24, 2004

Shopping 101

Well today was a quiet one. No Baseball to look forward to, not a lot of interest in Football. I did manage to notice that the Football season had started.

So I went shopping with Nicci. First a wonderful trip to the grocery store. There was a new one that just opened 2 days ago and she wanted to check it out. No problem. This shouldn’t take too long. 2 ½ hours later…

Next to the mall. We were going to find a sweater and maybe some jeans for her. Uh huh.
Well, the shopping part was too much for me. The first 20 minutes were the ‘just looking at what’s here’ stage. Not wanting to interfere with the looking stage, I went down the mall and got a book I’ve been wanting. It took a while, but when I got back, (hoping the shopping was over) Nicci had 3 sweaters in her arms and was looking at shoes. (?) After buying 3 pairs of shoes, we headed to the dresses. We managed to find one there and went to pay. Whew! (Or so I thought.)

Once paying, we headed toward the upstairs level to find a new blanket. I guess I missed something. I didn’t even know we needed one. Well, let’s just go get one then. We made it about 20 feet when Nicci found ‘the sweater’ she was looking for. Sooo, back to pay for it. Now heading back to the upper level. We find the blanket, take care of paying for it then head to the Courtesy Desk. (?) Another surprise. We’ve bought enough stuff to earn free stuff. As you can guess, the wait where there is free stuff is quite long, but finally we were off.

Back downstairs, headed for the door, I can see it right in front of me. Yay! But where is Nicci? I look back to see her looking at jeans. She hadn’t seen these earlier. They were what she wanted, so we go through the whole searching, inspecting, trying on and finally buying of the jeans. Finally, after putting blinders on her, (yes, I’m kidding) we made it out of the mall.

This is a typical shopping trip. It’s why I don’t go shopping much. I’m the type that knows exactly what I’m going in for, I go right for it, I get it and I leave. I also know that this type of shopping isn’t a gender thing either. I have guy friends who shop like this and women friends who are like me. One thing I do know is this: It wears me out.

4 comments:

peachy said...

HA!HA!
You had to go shopping, nanny nanny boo boo.
You will actually be quite proud of me. I went to Value City (ugh!) because they were having George Foreman grills on sale. I did all my shopping in one trip and I'm almost done. If they have a sale again, I'm going to get everyone the actual grill. I got the roasters this time around, but thought I was being cheap, so I'll give two Foreman grills. It took about an hour, but 45 minutes was waiting in line. I'll be glad when Christmas is over.

Lynn said...

I'm LOL at this. Not much of a shopper, myself, but when the mood does strike -- LOOK OUT! I can, however, be dangerous in bookstores and music stores.

Have you recovered yet?

Anonymous said...

Yeah Lynn, I've recovered. Now if you're talking about book stores, well, I can spend many hours there! That's not shopping to me.

Yankeebob said...

Yep, the above comment was from me. I just can't get used to making sure the little dot is always by my name. Sheesh!