Thursday, October 07, 2004

I Think The Yankees Are Trying To Kill Me.....

.....but what a way to go! An awesome win in the 12th after a gut-wrenching blown lead in the 8th. Whew! I thought I was going to cry when both Flash and Mo couldn't hold the 2 run lead. But that feeling quickly went away. What did I have to fear? This is The Stadium. This is the playoffs. The Yankee ghosts were on the way. I was sure.

After Jeter scored the winning run, I felt so wrung out I couldn't breathe. I started wondering how my Yankees buds were doing, because I knew they wouldn't give up either. And this one was one of those nail-biters, to say the least.

The Yankees in the post season is the most addictive drug on the planet. I feel for those who don't know what it's like to feel every second of every game like you were there. It's like you are living & dying with every out, every pitch every second of every game. It's harsh, but in the end it's amazing. Check out Karen's account. It'll help if you "Just don't get it".

But beware, once you get it, you can't go back.

No comments: