Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Morning After

It's now the morning after. The predominant thought this morning is "Why Boston?" "Anyone but Boston!" Shit! Shit! Shit! (Sorry for the cussing. I'm in pain.)

Series notes:

Thanks to Mo for blowing game 4 - that lead off walk was the kiss of doom. (Mo gets a free pass though. He saves so many and Boston is his nemesis.)

Thanks to Gordon for blowing the lead in game 5 - no excuse. 2 runs up in the 8th? no excuse. (Slight defense = probably overworked)

Thanks to Joe Torre for blowing game 7 before it started - no one in their right mind would start Brown against Boston at that point. They've been lighting him up since early September. (I don't remember ever being so disappointed in a Joe decision before a game even starts.)

Thanks to the Yankee offense for kicking ass in game 3 (awesome) then sitting out the rest of the series.

This was actually a damn good year. 101 wins, A Division Title, eliminating the Twins, all good stuff. The Yanks did it with a crippled starting pitching staff all year. That's why the bullpen was marginally effective in the playoffs. They were worn out. I know there will be improvements during the offseason to help the pitching staff. I know they'll be back in it next October. I just can't get past the issue of it ending against Boston. Anyone but Boston and it would be easier to take. Anyone.

I'm going to be a very bitch ass, grumpy, mean sonofabiatch Yankeebob if the N.L. team doesn't beat those jerks.

That will be me until next October, Bitch-ass Yankeebob. Count on it.

1 comment:

Yankeebob said...

Yeah KB, I'm hoping to lose the Bitch ass title quick. As long as the N.L. team wins, I can drop it. The problem with me keeping it is that I have a hard time staying bitchy for long periods of time. But if I must.....