Sunday, October 17, 2004

A Good Old Fashioned Ass Kicking

The Yankees kicked major ass tonight, scoring 19 runs on 22 hits, both stats being records. Matsui and Sheff are out of their minds, hitting everything thrown at them.

I was a little worried for the first 3 innings or so. It looked like neither team was going to get any pitching, but Javy settled down and ate up some innings, keeping the Butt Sox to 8 runs. After the 4th I felt that familiar calm that comes on when you realize the Yankees won't allow themselves to lose. After that, it was all fun. With every run the Yanks scored, I would start laughing. Every time they showed Boston fans getting more bummed, I chuckled. Maybe that's a bit mean, but the truth is, you can never beat someone too bad. Hey Beantown, I'd feel for ya but I just can't reach ya.

They interviewed Steven King again. I actually didn't get too pissed with him this time. He said Boston fans are just happy to have their team in the playoffs. They should be. And we'll be even more happy to remove them from the playoffs.

Tomorrow, actually later today, we get the chance to close it out. El Duque pitching, the boys hitting everything. Should be even more fun. I can't wait. Just a few hours to go.....

1 comment:

Matthew said...

"After the 4th I felt that familiar calm that comes on when you realize the Yankees won't allow themselves to lose. After that, it was all fun. With every run the Yanks scored, I would start laughing. Every time they showed Boston fans getting more bummed, I chuckled."

Suprisingly, there were a few innings in the game that I wasn't completely neurotic. What a great feeling.

Hope the do well tonight.

Later.