Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Weird things are happening this week:

My coffee machine blew up. For real! We have, actually had, a cool coffee/espresso/latte machine that I loved. Used it almost daily for 6+ years. It was the type that frothed the milk right into the cup. None of that heating the milk in a seperate container. As I was coming down for the morning coffee, I heard a very loud noise, like a small gun going off. I also heard Nicci yelp. As I got to the kitchen I saw steam and water all over the counter. The steam chamber gave up the ghost. Blew the bottom right out. Luckily it was designed to fail downward if it failed. It did. Good engineering.

The VP of our company asked to use my safety shoes, the steel toe kind. I keep them at my desk for use in the areas that require it. I thought she was kidding. She was serious. At least she said so. (She has a dry sense of humor, so it can be hard to tell.) She even checked them out for style & size. She wanted to go kick someone's ass and wanted to really get their attention. I told her to go ahead. She hasn't used them yet, but I do believe she would do it.

One of my co-workers PC was sabotaged. Apparently he had a bad habit of turning the sound up too much for those around him. So a couple industrious individuals took the PC apart and removed the sound button. They then placed the removed piece on his neighbor's desk, to throw any inspector off their trail. It's all in fun, I think. But the noise pollution is down, so it has worked out.

There was a guy in the restroom yesterday that apparently was really into taking a leak. When I walked in, he was humming really loud, had a huge grin on his face and a two handed grip down there. I didn't want to interrupt his fun, so I left. There are other restrooms, so maybe I'll avoid that one for a while.


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Your week sounds more interesting than mine! Although I did get to hear my 5-year-old son singing along to my music. Guess I'm teaching that kid right. ;)

That PC story is hilarious! And the restroom story? Don't even want to go there. Sorry to hear about your coffee machine, though.