Tuesday, October 26, 2004

An Explanation

CL asked a fair question in her comment after my last post. I'm not sure if she was serious or not, but I thought it best to give an explanation before posting any more G stories. There will be more. They will be more outrageous. These first couple are pretty tame. I'm just easing you in slowly.

G is an ex-friend by his choice. Not mine. He didn't handle it well when I 'went straight', as he called it. Most of my friends don't care that I drink Pepsi while they drink beer, but he cared. Truth is, I'm pretty much the same, I just don't go as crazy anymore. He wasn't up for taking that chance. At the time of the 'change of heart' I was even managing his band.

A few months after the 'going straight' thing happened, G also got fired from where we worked and decided that was a good time to break ties. I never heard from him since other than to let me know the band was breaking up. Attempts at contact were rudely smashed.

Keep in mind that G is a chronic partier and it will kill him. At the pace he's on, it won't take long. He doesn't keep to just booze. Someone like that doesn't want someone like me around to remind them of their impending doom. Last I'd heard, he's been through several jobs and several relationships and several failed musical ventures. Too bad.

I miss the guy. We were inseparable for nearly 7 years. For sure 5 years. But life goes on.

3 comments:

Cindy-Lou said...

It sounds as if he was definitely a friend for the younger days. When you were better able to keep up with him! I guess some grow up, some hate that idea.

Oddgirl said...

It was probably for the better. I found it difficult to quit drinking when I was constantly around people who drank. Once I quit I realized that's all they ever did. I don't drink much, but the kind of friends I have usually don't seem to mind. I am sorry you have lost him, but glad you were able to see what you needed and put it first.

I toast you with my diet cherry coke.:)

Anonymous said...

I remember "G". What a strange and interesting creature but that constant rubbing his hands on his legs drove me nucking futs!! You were surely headed for your demise partying with him. R-man