Monday, October 18, 2004

Rule #1

Could someone remind Mariano Rivera about rule #1 please?

Rule #1 - Leadoff walks = blown saves

Thanks.

I knew that lead off walk was trouble. It's amazing just how many times a lead off walk scores. When that happened, I got a sick feeling in my stomach. A premonition, I guess.


So tonight we have to look at Princess Pedro's smarmy fat face once more. Good thing is, Moose is pitching. Let's finish these bums off tonight guys. I need some sleep. I have World Series dreams to conjure.

Go Yanks!!!

2 comments:

Oddgirl said...

I think i am developing an ulcer from this post season. I chewed off all my nails last night.

I wanted Boston to win last night. Now before you go throwing tomatoes at me, hear me out. I live for good baseball. The Yankees are like watching a perfectly choreographed ballet. I mean that in a good way. They are incredible on defense. I spend the majority of their games with my mouth agape. The athleticism, timing, and grace they possess is quite frankly amaziing. That said, it is really fun to root for the underdog. I wish they hadn't traded Soriano for Arod, and I can't stand Posada. I have a cruel nickname for him. Anyway...I'm rambling. :)

Yankeebob said...

OK Cindi-Lou, I meant rule #1 in baseball.

And Nina, I think that is one of the most complimentary anti-Yankee statements I've seen. But you should check with Vegas. The Yankees are the underdog this year. And I miss Soriano too.