Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Aerosmith

I just got done watching a 2 hour ‘Behind The Music’ show on VH1 that showcases Aerosmith. Whenever there is something on about this band, I have to watch it. They are by far my absolute favorite Rock band. I have many favorite artists in many different genres of music, but none tops Aerosmith for the style they play. They are the best of their kind.

I can say with all honesty that they have done only one album (CD now) that I don’t like. (Rock And A Hard Place) I think that’s saying something for a band that’s been around for 35 years or so. There is some stuff I think is better than other stuff, but basically I like it all. (Yes, even Done With Mirrors.) I’m not a huge fan of the newer sappy songs, but I do think they are pretty good.

It’s awesome the way they fell into the Rock N Roll lifestyle, nearly killing themselves with all the bad stuff, but coming back even stronger.

I also have an even better appreciation of the song Walk This Way knowing that the lyrics were inspired by Marty Feldman playing Igor in Young Frankenstein. (When he turned to lead the group into the castle he said to them, “Walk this way”, and they all walked like him. Steve Tyler started writing the lyrics after seeing that scene.)

I remember seeing them live, I think it was the Pump tour, and they were phenomenal. One of the best shows I’ve been to.

There will never be another combo like Steven, Joe, Tom, Joey and Brad.

Aerosmith rocks!

4 comments:

a beer sort of girl said...

Ahhh, another Aerosmith fan! I've seen them live twice, and the last time was '95. I'm not a huge fan of the most recent stuff, Just Push Play, but they are still the best.

Oh, kudos to you for all your new blog features & organization. I'll have to get around to that soon!

Lars said...

I saw them in concert, they're "Honkin' on Bobo" concert tour, when they were in Ames, IA...it was sweet as hell!

Oddgirl said...

I just love Aerosmith too. I think Dream On is one of my favorite songs. I think it's awesome that they have been around so long. Also there is something strangely appealing about Steven Tyler.

I remember when Walk this Way came out. It was ground breaking to merge such different musical styles. That is probably why they have been around so long.

I used to love that show VH1 had called Pop up Video. I wish they still had that on the air.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, Rocks is the absolute best Aerosmith album!! As with any band, once they cross a "line" it never really gets any better. I think yankeeboob would agree with me. R-man