Monday, November 22, 2004

High Points Of The Day

I didn’t have to suffocate from the ‘old lady perfume’ today.

There is this older woman in HR that comes over to our building occasionally. She wears this super strong old lady perfume that probably costs about $2.00 per gallon. When she’s around, it’s very hard to breathe. As I was leaving our building to go to the main building, I saw her headed our way. I chuckled as I walked past because I knew what lay in store for those poor saps I had just left behind. As I continued to the front door, the odor from her wake brought tears to my eyes, it was that strong. This is outdoors. I still had about 35 – 40 steps to go to the door and it was still a stench to be reckoned with. No wonder we don’t get skunks around the buildings.

I overheard plans to take over the world!

I waited in the lobby of the main building and watched to make sure the ‘perfume lady’ had left our building before going back. As I waited, I overheard the Receptionist and the ‘Phone Girl’ guard talking. The conversation went something like this:

Girrrl, Ida dun mufe crasn buttswer helddger mofo. Well honeee, thas jus buft knober storf fer dus thas meetfes sucka! Yesssirr, tes fatswe hunga stud hans dwn fortne mastco ken shit.

This went on for quite a while. As it is, they may have been planning to take over the world and I never could have understood enough to tell anyone. Keep in mind these two are the first people anyone coming into the company talk to.

I found out I have a Go Gos CD.

I decided to check out what CDs were in my car disc player on the way home. As I forwarded through them, suddenly “The Best Of The Go Gos” CD started playing. I know, that’s definitely a blast from the long ago past, but it was fun to hear it again. Plus, I forgot I even owned it, so finding it in the CD changer was a bonus.

I had a kick-ass pizza for dinner.

I ordered an anchovy, onion and pineapple pizza from Pizza Hut along with hot wings for dinner. They actually brought it earlier than they said they would. It was awesome. The wings were smoking hot. Great way to end the day. I can’t make them homemade like Meritt, but this was pretty darn good.

Well, those are my highlights. Nothing else of consequence to tell except maybe that I’ve had Journey songs going through my head all day thanks to the new poll comments. Oh well, it could’ve been worse. Cat did mention New Kids on the Block . Good thing I don’t know any of their music (using the term very loosely) or else I’d be in the looney bin by now.

1 comment:

peachy said...

I never knew you liked anchovies! Blech, pa-tooey, yuck. hee hee.

A plan to take over the world huh? I don't think those girls could plan that far in advance. They were probably talking about who was at the club last night.