Tuesday, November 02, 2004

WTF?

I did this vote thing on Yankees.com and couldn't believe what the results are so far:

Which free agent pitcher would you most like to see in pinstripes?

Matt Clement
6221 votes (11%)
Derek Lowe
6816 votes (13%)
Pedro Martinez
16756 votes (31%)
Eric Milton
7449 votes (14%)
Carl Pavano
17275 votes (32%)

54517 people have voted so far.

What is wrong with the 31% so far that have voted for Princess Pedro? Do they have such short memories?

Pedro has maybe 2-3 years left in him. The Yankees have an excellent record against him. He is a jerk that has beaned many Yankees out of frustration because they routinely best him. Why would anyone want him in pinstripes? He's no threat and his career won't last too much longer.

I sometimes think that some 'fans' are just too stupid to be Yankee fans. The thought of Pedro as a Yankee gives me the heaves.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of trolls involved on that one. Or people who hopped on the Yankee bandwagon only this season and only remember how funny the Who's Your Daddy? thing was and think the team needs some comic relief. Either way, I'm with you. We need young arms, not another 7-inning pitcher.

Oddgirl said...

I think some of the voters may not be familiar with the other pitchers. I mean Pedro is very mainstream. Not that you asked me, but hey here it is. I would have to pick Matt Celment.

I think he is amazing and has a very bright future ahead of him. If there wasn't the whole free agent issue and you could have any pitcher, who would you pick?

Yankeebob said...

Yeah, the trolls and bandwagoners may be influencing this thing. Pedro is a mainstream name. I guess those are true points.

I voted for Matt Clement. For me, he has the biggest upside. Next, I think Pavano would be best.

If I could have any pitcher out of everyone? Probably Johan Santana. Powerful lefty. Awesome upside.

Roy Hobbs said...

Pavano or Milton would be my choices. Pedro is way too overpriced for 2 years. Plus th ebaggage that comes with him. Although, the Yanks may like having a midget in their locker room if they are winning. At least the Yanks have better options then my Mets.

Yankeebob said...

OK, this piece of crap blogger won't let me fix the error I made on my last comment. Santana is a righty, not a lefty. I originally was considering Dontrell Willis as a coveted pitcher, but changed to Santana. I forgot to change the righty/lefty thing too.

Lesson learned, PROOFREAD!

Oddgirl said...

I read somewhere that Willis was a free agent. Have you heard that?

I think I have a thing for closers. I really like the styles of Trevor Hoffman and Billy Wagner. I promise I'm not jumping on the bandwagon when I say I love to watch Gagne.

So If you could add any player from any position to the Yankees who would you pick?

Yankeebob said...

Nina, I like the way you think. I like Gagne a lot. Hoffman is good, but not as good as the hype.

I'd love to see Soriano or Brian Roberts come to New York. Preferably Roberts. I think he is going to get better and better and we need a consistent 2nd baseman.

As long as we're dreaming here, how about adding Pujols to 1st, Beltran to center, B.J. Ryan to the bullpen and Santana, Zito and Willis to the rotation. (Good lefties are needed in Yankee Stadium.)